Outlook x Asana integration: Asana tasks create events and mark as busy

Now that I have integrated my Asana tasks in my Outlook calendar, there are new events listed in my calendar. All these events show as “Busy”. I’d like to change it to “Free” so that it doesn’t look like I’m constantly busy, never free for a meeting when my colleagues are scheduling one. How would I do that (not manually and individually)? :grin:

2 Likes

Hi @anon97473515, thanks for reaching out! The Asana and Outlook integration pulls data from the Task such as due date, due time etc and will set an all day event but does not manually mark it as busy. I recommend you checking if there are any settings active in your Outlook Calendar that would set you to busy for each event.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

I am also having this same issue. Which setting should I check? My whole calendar is now blocked by all of my tasks that I synced to Outlook!

2 Likes

This is also happing with Google Calendar. It’s not a good look. Can someone give us an answer that actually helps? There’s no setting in GCal - we’ve looked through all our settings, no other import blocks the whole day off like Asana. That’s a huge bummer. Can someone actually help?

3 Likes

Guess not - haha

Same problem - whole day in calendar is busy if a deadline is set for a task. How to remove the task from being “busy” in outlook calendar to being “free”?

Have there been any updates on this? I’m experiencing the same thing and I’ve been through every setting on Asana and Outook.

1 Like

+1 This issue makes the whole app unusable for me. I need the tasks not to cause my entire day to show as “busy” in outlook to my colleagues.