Organizing, Filing and Archiving Projects

I use Asana to organize To-Dos on my garden design projects. We have dozens of clients at one time and I use Asana to prioritize what tasks I need to do each day to keep all these projects moving forward.

I create a new project for each client and give each project that client’s name. The problem is that the projects don’t have a way to be dragged into an order, placed in files or archived. I’m a new asana user and haven’t added many projects yet, but I worry that at some point I will have so many projects that it will become difficult to read through all the names and find the one I want to work on.

I don’t want to fully delete projects once they are “finished”, because I want to keep a record of what was done on each project to refer back to. Also, we have repeat customers and I want to be able to pull up their old project and add to it, or at least group multiple projects with one client together in a file.

So far, the only thing that helps right now is that I only have 10 projects and I have’t used up all the colors available, so each client has a unique color.

Hi @Hannah4 and welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! You can archive a Project by clicking on the drop down menu next to the Project’s title and selecting the Archive option.

You can learn more about Archiving Projects in this handy article: https://asana.com/guide/help/projects/actions#gl-archive

If you have any questions, please let us know. We will more than happy to help! Have a great week!