Option to hide weekends in timeline

When will this happen- we need projects to respect employees’ weekends off!

2 Likes

How on earth is this not solved already?

How many Asana users work on weekends??

2 Likes

Incredible this is not a feature!
Is it so difficult to gray out 2 days in a week?

3 Likes

The update to make the duration of tasks extend to account for weekends is helpful, but it is inconvenient that if you then move the task again the duration remains longer. The ability to toggle whether you would like to skip weekends will make the timeline view much easier to use and save me a lot of time as a project manager

1 Like

Adding my +1. Also, it would be great to see some kind of reply or acknowledgement from your product management team Asana.

Question for the group!!! How should we celebrate the 4 year anniversary of this request being opened? It’s coming up soon—Tuesday, 3/29!!! Cake, cookies, order in lunch???

Please REPLY with your suggestion and upvote other suggestions so we can get a headcount and decide on what the team wants to do?

1 Like

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Joining the party here with my +1! :partying_face:

Adding as an extremely helpful request. Weekends are not typically acceptable for most projects because of workweeks. It also makes timelines look disjointed because initiatives don’t look contiguous with a space between.

Also throwing my +1 in here. Lack of this feature makes the timeline view unusable. Asana is meant to save us time, note create more work.

For real, this is so frustrating. I pay for Asana so I don’t have to waste my time fiddling around with dates to compensate for weekends everytime I have a recurring task, which is often. There are so many great options proposed. Could we please get an update? This is a major difficicenies.

2 Likes

Another plus one to this very basic requirement for project planning.
This idea request is now 4 years old with more than 750 votes (including all the other duplicate requests)
PLease make this happen

3 Likes

I can’t believe this feature isn’t there. It has been talked about for four years. I think this feature doesn’t mean anything for asana. Presumably the asana also works on weekends :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello @Sinan welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Asana is constantly monitoring popular feedback requests.
I am also sure the Asana team is doing everything they can to implement as many features as possible which is also reflected in the regular announcements of new features that are implemented :slight_smile:

Can you please share what is ahead of this, ahem, most basic of requests?

Hi @anon86346749,

Asana does not have a public roadmap so no one (including Forum Leaders such as myself and Andrea) have no idea what’s up next. Your guess is as good as ours

2 Likes

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the response. Is there a list of the most up-voted requests? This gap is a showstopper compared to Smartsheet.

1 Like

Hey @anon86346749

Yes there is. It is kind of complicated to get to so I went ahead and filtered it out.

If you follow this link it should bring you to the product feedback page and then you can click the “Votes” option to see what is the most voted for

A “finally feature” that is missing since 2018… :expressionless:

Wow so this still isn’t a feature? A bit of transparency regarding Asana’s roadmap would be massively appreciated and could also stop people from leaving and entice others to join.

Please please please add the ability to hide the weekends on timeline view and also look at the design. It just needs a bit more contrast/tweaking to help see the different weeks.

2 Likes