Option To Archive Teams

This really needs to be implemented soon. The key differentiator of Asana is its flexibility to quickly set up things and get going. In a nutshell, Asana allows to do rapid prototyping of managment flows which is extremely powerful because at the beginning of a project it is not yet clear what is the best way to manage it. It is therefore decremental to the product value if this flexibility comes with the cost of:
a) either lose part of the information or
b) accumulate old, outdated information

The lack of this feature attackes the core value proposition of the product. I am a big advocate of Asana but this needs to be prioritized and added soon.

2 Likes

Hi,

First time poster… Just had to spend 3 hours trying to figure out how I should be using Asana, because it’s really not clear. I would have thought that simple things, like being able to have one timeline for all products would be somewhat trivial for a company of your size to implement.

This feature, however, being able to archive teams, seems even more trivial? All I see from your community agents is “Yes, this is a good idea!! Maybe one day, someone will do something about it…!” I’d honestly rather there was no response because all that’s happening is here is that you’re paying people to just reply to queries without adding any value - very much giving people false hope that Asana “listens” to its customers…

How can it possibly take more than two years to implement this feature? I assume the majority of your users aren’t agencies with 20+ clients? It’s a nightmare to manage without the ability to hide inactive teams…!!

Not good enough…!!

5 Likes

It’s been two years and still no solution. :open_mouth: This is something all agencies, large and small desperately need. The teams section becomes unbelievably long to navigate. Either create an archive feature, or make it so we can create a folder within the teams tab to move old teams into.

6 Likes

@Marie Where is Asana on this extremely important, and quite easy to implement, request? The code is already written for projects, it should not be much work to add a condition for teams.

3 Likes

HI @Getz_Pro, I don’t have an update on this topic at this time, but I’ll continue to advocate for this request internally and will keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

3 Likes

Thanks @Marie

very strange this hasn’t been implemented as of yet with all the agencies that must be using Asana. Are they not setting up 1:1 team for each client?

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

I would also love to have the ability to archive teams. Like the others here, I create a team for each client, but when work for that client is done, I end up with a lot of stale teams that I have to scroll through. @Marie, have you actually gotten any feedback as to where our request is in the development queue?

3 Likes

So wow this is getting close to 3 years now and little or no information on why this feature is so hard or taking so long to implement. Asana has become completely unworkable for us as for every task we create the average syncing time is a couple of minutes (and half of the time we’re asked to reload the page with not all of the task information being stored / synced).

With a couple of hundred teams (current and previous clients), well over a thousand projects and thousands of tasks, I had not expected our set-up in our 4 person company to be that large compared to bigger companies but apparently we’ve exceeded the number of teams, projects or tasks that Asana can still handle within an environment.

I see no other way then to start looking into Asana alternatives if there is no way to solve the syncing problem. We’re happy to archive half of our teams if that would have been an option to hopefully solve the syncing issue but we don’t want to delete the teams / history.

5 Likes

Asana seems built for small companies. We’re at 40 people and are already running into certain scale issues, usually around the lack of tools to manage long lists of entities (tags, projects, tasks…). IME, if you want to scale, JIRA is the way to go. I’ve used it successfully at 2 companies in Fortune’s Top 20, each with more than 100,000 employees, and JIRA handled that scope wonderfully well. Also has unique task identifiers! sigh…

2 Likes

Can you guys please take a look into this… this is becoming a limitation for us as well. Thank you

1 Like

Really need this, too.

1 Like

Thumbs up for this request as well, we have several projects cluttering our sidebar that could be archived

1 Like

We have 30+ teams and we’d like the option to Archive too.

2 Likes

We’d love to have the feature to archive teams, too!

1 Like

Looking to expand my service offering and team, which will in return increase my number of clients. The Asana dashboard has already become too cluttered based on the teams I have as a single person, so I foresee a nightmare staying on the platform after expanding the business.

Highly disappointed I now have to consider a new service based on Asana’s user experience over relatively simple features like archiving.

2 Likes

Here to echo everyone else’s sentiments!! Must needed feature.

2 Likes

Following this thread, a feature our team would greatly benefit from!

1 Like

YES plus one for archiving teams.
From a socio-emotional perspective, seeing the past name of old clients (aka Teams) that maybe were very stressful or possibly worse, is very uncomfortable. It’s also untidy and challenging to see the old “teams” each time i want to log in and use the space.
Thank you for making this change soon!

1 Like

YES I would greatly appreciate the option to archive a team also