My name is Eyal, and I’m an R&D Manager and a startup company using Asana.
A little over 3 years ago I created a (what I think was the first ever) reporting solution for Asana named Flowbs (https://blog.asana.com/2013/04/introducing-asana-connect/)
Time has passed and the Asana API platform evolved, while Flowbs is no longer available, I’d like to share with you my latest open-source side project, that you can use as a starting point for your own Asana integrations!
It’s a webhooks manager and event handler for Asana, that takes care of all the mandatory technicalities when creating a real-time Asana application/integration.
It’s called “AWM” (Asana webhooks manager), although I’m open for suggestions and can act as the starting point for teams, companies or enterprises that use Asana and want to have their own custom solution/integrations.
- Login with Asana
- Webhooks management for all projects and all workspaces (view,add,remove)
- Handling webhooks “handshake” during creation
- Accepting webhook events payloads and verifying payload source (hmac2056)
- A live view for viewing incoming events in real-time
- Documentation on how to extend and modify
Optionally, I’m considering adding a very basic dashboard view, just to showcase the benefits and ease of use for developers.
AWM is available on github at: https://github.com/EyalRonel/asana-webhooks-manager
I’d be happy to discuss further with you guys and see where this can evolve to.