On Hold Project Status in Portfolio View

There doesn’t seem to be the option to set a project status to On Hold so that it shows in the Portfolio view.

1 Like

Hi @msideris, I’d recommend modifying your status custom field to add an “On Hold” option; here is how you can do this: How to Create and Use Custom Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Note that if you’re using the default/template Priority Custom field available by default with Workload, you won’t be able to edit it. In this case, I’d recommend hiding the default custom field and create a brand new one including “High, Low, Medium and On Hold”.

Hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hi,

How can I get rid of the out-of-the-box Status field on the Portfolio view?

The “Status”, “Task Progress” and “Date” field currently can’t be filter out @msideris, but this definitely something we’ll keep in mind for future improvements!

Okay. The enhancement request would be for the ability to fully customize the Portfolio dashboard. Also, within a Project Status field, ON HOLD should be a status.

Thanks,

Melodie

1 Like

Hi folks,

We’re excited to announce a new “On Hold” status for your Project and Portfolio status update! You can now choose from “On Track”, “At Risk”, “Off Track” and “On hold”.

We hope that you enjoy this update, don’t hesitate to let us know in #tipsandtricks if you have any questions or in #productfeedback if you have comments you’d like to share with us!

1 Like

After I hold the project should I will be able to view the free slots of my team members?

I need a feature in Asana that when I put the project on hold, the slots of my team get free (from backend ) and their timesheets get update

Do we have above feature right now in Asana?

Emily is there any best practice for how to provide a status that a project is “Completed” or add another option to the default project status field? Looking for the best practice for listing projects that are completed in a portfolio.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.