Offer (for Premium and above) a new rule "Start/Due date is approaching . . ." to trigger based on the earlier of Start date or Due date

Just came here to request this feature and found this existing thread! Upvoted!!

2 Likes

This is one of a few things I’ve been upset with after the changes to the My Tasks page. The original Today, Upcoming, Later divisions did this automatically. I feel like we’ve lost so many functions of this approach with the new customizable rules, Start Date triggers being one of them.

Start date trigger is crucial to provide visibility to tasks well before the actual due date, especially for tasks that take longer than one day to accomplish

1 Like

Would be really nice to allow a rule that triggers on a task START date.

Reason:
Many tasks have a date range. For those tasks it would be almost late to focus on that task once it hits due today or upcoming as upcoming is based on end and not start.

This way folks can see when they should start working on a task.

Hi @Getz_Pro, thanks for providing this feedback.

We do have an existing product request for this feature in the forum already so i’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidat feedback - I hope you don’t mind!

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree being able to create a rule-based off of start date is a huge help. It’s a big area of confusion that my due date is my floating start date and I cannot really track a due date.

1 Like