Notify all collaborators of the parent task when a new sub-task is added

Hi,

Right now when a new sub-task is added to a task, the collaborators of the parent task are not notified. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

Things that happens inside the task (new sub-task, deleted sub-tasks) should be part of the notification triggers.

Duc

2 Likes

Another vote for this. I didn’t realize this was the current behavior until I missed a bunch of activity/subtasks. Is there a fix/workaround for this?

When a new subtask is added to an existing task, it would be really helpful if the collaborators of the parent task (or at least its assignee) gets a notification. A similar functionality already exists when tasks are created in a project.
One can, of course, argue that a notification will be sent as soon as people are made collaborators of the subtask. But since this is easy to forget, it makes it much easier, for the new subtask to be overlooked.

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing this feedback with us @Felix_John, I really like your idea. :crossed_fingers:t3:this is something we can implement soon!

Hi @Niamh,
I think this feature hasn’t been implemented yet
It would be very useful.
Thank you

Seems like this still hasn’t been added to asana.
@Niamh / @Marie could you tell us if this is on Asanas radar at all?

Is this a bug or working as intended?

Hi @Nicolas_Fischer and thanks for looping me in!

This is currently working as intended and I don’t believe it has been prioritised yet. I’ve gone ahead and shared this directly with our team - while I can’t promise if/when this will be implemented, I’ll be in touch on this thread as soon as I have an update on my end.

1 Like

This is very much required. This needs to be taken on Priority !

Hello - any update on this for getting notifications of subtasks?

1 Like

Hi @Marie, is there any update on this thread?

Does anyone have an idea for a workaround?
Our challenge is that the subtask collaborators should be assigned dynamically to the parent task assignee.

@Marie Any updates? My team is hoping to use this feature in the near future.

Hi folks,

I’m afraid I don’t have any updates on this topic at the moment. We began creating paths between task and subtasks through rules (Now introducing Variables in Rules - #49 by Marie) so while it’s not the case right now, there may be a future where we’ll be able to notify all collaborator of tasks when new subtasks are created!