Notification for task changing sections - confusing/documentation bug?

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
https://asana.com/guide/help/views/list2board#gl-notifications first says:

Every time a task is moved to a different section in a List-view project, you will receive a notification (similar to when a task moves between columns in your Board view).

and then says in the Asana Tip:

Notifications will be suppressed when tasks change sections if the project default view is list.

If the delivery of notifications is dependent on the default choice made at project creation time, then 1) Can this be changed after creation (I don’t see how/where)?, and 2) This seems like it will be confusing (there’s no mention of this distinction in the radio buttons for List and Board in project creation dialog, and even if there were, it would be easy to miss and lead to later confusion and would be really bad if it couldn’t be adjusted after the fact as asked in (1).

Steps to reproduce:
N/A

Browser version:
N/A

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Hi @lpb and thank you so much for taking time to report this.

I completely understand your concern regarding this and I agree this behaviour could lead to confusion if users are not aware of this rule. To be honest I don’t believe this is a Bug but I’ll make sure to escalate this to the Team and I’ll keep you posted as soon as I get un update!

If you don’t mind, I’m moving to the #tipsandtricks category to help other users to easily find it.

Have a great day Larry! :slight_smile:

2 Likes