Not receiving email notifications when incomplete tasks are moved between columns on board style project

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
We are using columns in a board style project to move tasks between phases. Incomplete tasks are moved to “testable” then tested and marked “complete” when done. When incomplete tasks are moved between columns, followers do not receive emails. For some reason, once the tasks have been moved to a completed state, followers do receive emails about movement between columns.
Steps to reproduce:
create a task. add a follower. Move task to a new column within project board. Followers don’t get update emails.
Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Ariel_Greenway and thanks for reaching out.

I don’t believe this is a bug, but let’s look into this together. Are you using Rules on this project by any chance? If so, would you mind sharing a screenshot of Rules you’ve set?

Could you also share the URL of your project?

Looking forward to your reply Ariel!

Hi Marie,

We have not set any rules.

Thanks,
Ariel

Here is the url for the project.

https://app.asana.com/0/1126503693525376/board?utm_source=asana_email&utm_medium=organic_email&utm_campaign=eng_invite_prod

Thank you for the follow-up @Ariel_Greenway

1. Can you please confirm if you receive an inbox notification when the task is moved between columns?

2. Can you also confirm if you are able to switch from list to board in this particular project?

Looking forward to your reply!

I can switch between viewing as a list or a board.

I do receive a notification in my asana inbox but no email when the task is moved between columns.

Actually I can’t tell if the inbox message was sent for the activity of adding me as a follower or moving the task to a new column.

Would the relevant portion be bolded?

I tested it again. It seems that I am getting the messages in my asana inbox but not through email.

Sorry for the repeat posting.

The email for this last test did finally come through.

1 Like

Hi @Ariel_Greenway and thank you for the follow-up! Glad to hear is working as expected.

Please, don’t hesitate to reach out again if you need any further assistant! Have a great Wednesday! :slight_smile:

1 Like