Nobody to receive Team 'member request notifications' after removing only member

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I just stumbled upon a situation where I had deactivated a user who was the only person set to receive member access notifications for a team. It leaves the field blank.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a team set to Membership by request with a specific user as the only person in the Team Settings to receive access requests. Deactivate that user. Now, new membership requests are left hanging and nobody is notified.

I wish it would notify you of this potential issue if you’re deactivating a user who’s the only person listed in that field for a team so you could choose someone else. At a minimum (not as ideal), change the setting so everyone receives the notification, but honestly we’d kind of hate that but it avoids this bug.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 100.0.4896.60 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

I asked support about it and they just said they understood it could be a problem but they didn’t have plans to fix it. I’ve never entered a bug here so I was curious about adding it here just to give everyone visibility, in case you weren’t aware of this potential issue within your org.

Hi @Heather_Beaudoin, thanks for bringing this to the Forum. I’ve gone ahead and moved this to the #product-feedback category.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

Thanks, Rebecca. I understand why you consider it a feature request. However, I do still think it’s more serious (like a bug) because it puts the workflow in a non-functioning state without warning. As long as it’s on your radar as a workflow issue, it’s fine with me. :slight_smile:

1 Like