New! Updated customizable color palette for better accessibility

I have to agree with other commenters - this is a mess. I applaud you for looking at accessibility, but accessibility doesn’t have to be so ugly. We design websites that are accessible and have a pleasing to the eye palette - these are not mutually exclusive. The worst thing about this is changing the text color from light to dark within the same element - some projects / tags / people have light text on a color background and others have dark text on a color background. Ugh, it’s depressing to look at my schedule now.

7 Likes

I’m not a fan of these new colors. It looks like we have 4 different pinks (because the red isn’t red anymore), so it’s REALY hard to tell them apart unless they are RIGHT next to each other. My red tags used to be eye-catching and signify importance and now they don’t stand out at all. Can you please provide some better options? Maybe provide a few different palettes for us to choose from? Those who are visually impaired and need the new color scheme can choose it. Or let us customize the colors?

3 Likes

Hi, I really liked the color of my different projects and now the colors are fluorescent and I don’t like it. I hope you could change it back thanks.

3 Likes

Yes me too I would like the old one please, I don’t like the new one such a shame

3 Likes

Welcome to Asana world :slight_smile: Truly some really strange decisions lately, but I think it will be the first of many to come unfortunately.

I understand there are legal requirements, but there was already an option for colorblind mode…why would you not have “low visibility” mode or something? This is not a situation where either/or was the acceptable or responsible choice. Color theory exists for a reason, and many people attribute colors to specific statuses, emotions, etc. This is an absolute horrid execution and the response from Asana is equally as terrible. Visibility and usability is the #1 reason people have preferences when it comes to platforms like this. I already have issues with onboarding my team, and this will no doubt make it harder since our color palettes are well established over 30+ years as a company.

5 Likes

:thinking:

1 Like

What does that mean? Does that mean Asana is closing this topic with no resolution and no real response from Asana?

2 Likes

Here, here! What Sara said! Asana was not ‘forced’ to do this in the way they did. No lawsuit or police officer was waiting at the door. To be a good web dev citizen means taking measures to accommodate accessibility, but NOT at the expense of everyone else. I know I’m ‘preaching to the choir’ for the vast majority of this post, the question is whether Asana is listening or cares?

3 Likes

I don’t really know, but that’s what it looks like…

1 Like

I’m new to this forum; only joined because the new color palette has ruined the Asana experience for us.

I posted my original concerns in a “Product Feedback” thread, but my thread was closed and transferred to here, which is a “Announcements” thread. Unlike my original post, in this thread there appears to be no voting system and we will be locked out in a couple days from adding more feedback… Yet every post on here seems to be product feedback.

Could a moderator please make this a Product Feedback thread please? So we can vote and get it into the development roadmap. The single Asana response so far has been deeply discouraging.

6 Likes

Are the colors being put back yet as an “option”?

1 Like

I completely agree.

2 Likes

Has this feature been rolled back?
I for one liked the new accessibility friendly colours :smiley:
Is there an option to toggle them on?

This topic closes in a day and we aren’t seeing any additional input from Asana. Very frustrated and disappointed in how this was handled.

4 Likes

Yes. Frustrated and disappointed sums it up pretty well…

2 Likes

I don’t understand the point of this forum.

I was sent here by customer service when the new and extremely limited color palette was forced on us. I created a product feedback post and it was merged by Asana staff with this soon-to-expire announcement post; in truth, I was NOT replying to the color change announcement, I was giving PRODUCT FEEDBACK and I was requesting a more traditional color palette.

Then Asana wrote here the same thing they told me by email, i.e. “thanks for sharing”. So, we’re done here? Why did I bother?

2 Likes

Hi all,

We’ve initially centralised all posts on this topic to help us with reporting to our Product team during the launch phase. As mentioned in our latest reply, we’re not planning to roll back this update, but we will continue to explore options to improve colors in Asana. From reading comments on this thread it looks like making these new colors an option in Asana would resolved most of the feedback shared, so I would encourage you to open a new #productfeedback thread to support this request and encourage other folks to upvote it!

1 Like

Done.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.