Ability to move a task into another task to create a subtask in the new Template builder

I update our templates to the new template builder.

Within the new template builder/editor, I haven’t been able to see how to move a task into another task to have it recognized as a subtask.

The only way i can see to make a subtask is it build a new subtask from scratch. I also can’t see a way to move a subtask into a normal task either.

Please tell me there is a way to do this?

Hi,

Looks like you found a new shortcomings for V2, I have been listing them here Project templates V2: what we gain, what we lose and will add yours

Hi @anon84363171, welcome to the Asana Community Forum, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! As it stands, it’s not possible to convert tasks to subtasks in the new Template Builder by dragging them to the subtask section. As a workaround, you can create a project from the template and then drag and drop the tasks to convert them to subtasks. Once the project is updated, you can convert it to template.

We are working on some improvements to address most of these pain points with upcoming updates! We will update this thread once we have any news!