New subtask buttons don't show newly created subtask on PC when there are more than 20 subtasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
On the iPhone app, the new subtask button creates a new subtask and takes the cursor to it. On a computer, clicking on the new subtask buttons have no apparent effect when there are more than a single screen of subtasks. Can’t the cursor be moved to the new subtask as happens on a phone?
Steps to reproduce:
Open a project. Open the Details view of a task with more than 20 subtasks (or whatever it takes to see the “load more subtasks” link). Click on the Subtask button at the top of the screen or just below the “load more subtasks” link. Try to find the new subtask. It’s placed at the bottom of the list with no easy way to get to it.
Browser version:
CHrome - latest (Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit))
Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Randy_McGarvey, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and apologies for the delay here!

I was able to reproduce this issue and it seems it happens when you are selecting a subtask that is hidden in the “Load more subtasks” section" (when there are more than 20 subtasks). When you click on a subtask that is visible in the main task and then select “+ add subtask”, the new subtask will be highlighted. I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our team so they are aware of this issue. Thank you!

I’ll follow-up here once I have any updates!

1 Like