New project color doesn't match template color

I have a single template that I use for each project. The template color is white. For some reason, every new project I create from this template defaults to pink. I would prefer it to stay the same color as the template. The purpose of the template is to have a given starting point… yet I cannot control the color.

2 Likes

Hi @Lou_Buono_Jr, I’m checking this with our Dev Team and will be in touch as soon as I have an update! Thanks for flagging this!

2 Likes

HI @Lou_Buono_Jr and thanks for your patience! Our Dev team just got back to me with and explained color logic for projects created from templates:

“the “white” project color is actually the default “no color”. When the project has “no color”, we calculate the new style based on project ID. That’s why the user is seeing the color default to pink consistently. If the user uses any of the other 15 colors in the palette, the style will be duplicated”

Hope this helps @Lou_Buono_Jr ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Marie I appreciate you getting back to me on this

1 Like

I still don’t follow. So why can it not copy the template color? Or default to white. I hear complaints from my team about this all. of. the. time.