New Project Action to Change all dates at once.

Please let me know if this feature (below) is coming soon. If not, everyone on this forum should request it.

After setting up a template project with many tasks with dates (durations) and dependencies, the PM should be able to Duplicate the Project then in the new project pick a new start date and all dates would be moved in relation to the new start date. i.e. if the template project started July 1, 2018 and finished Sept 30, 2018 … after it is duplicated for use in a new project, the PM could use a new project action to set the new start date at Aug 1, 2019, and all dates would change so the new finish date would be approximately Oct 30, 2019.

This would save hours and hours of tedious work and would make template projects so much more valuable.

@Steve_McGinnis, Do you know about:

I believe this recently-released feature may be what you’re looking for.

Larry

3 Likes

Thank you so much. That is exactly what I was looking for. I guess that is why they call you a Certified Pro.

Now I guess we should ask them to update the Help search so that this great feature can be more easily found. I searched every way I could think of before going to the Forum, but I didn’t hit the right combination.

Thanks again.

Steve McGinnis

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback regarding our guide article @Steve_McGinnis , I’ll make sure to pass it on to our team so we can improve its discoverability! If possible, could you let us knwo what keywords you’ve used when searching for this feature, it would be super helpful to help us iterating on discoverability :wink:

1 Like

My search were something like…

how to change all project dates at once

how to replan with a new start date

how to move all dates in a project several days later

thanks for listening.

Steve

1 Like

Thanks for the quick follow-up @Steve_McGinnis, I’ve gone ahead and filed a task for our Guide content Team :slight_smile: