New My Tasks Onboarding: Automatically Set Up Rules

I think that Asana could have saved itself and countless thousands of people a lot of pain had they provided a simple option to autogenerate the rules to recreate the old functionality.

So, when My Tasks first gets rolled out, the user signs in and is met with a “Meet your new My Tasks” dialog. But one possible path to follow is a “I’ll look at rules later - get me started with rules that are similar to before” button (… well, perhaps without quite such a verbose label…)

Then, people who don’t understand rules and don’t understand what the changes are, or just those who are in a hurry, could have had a stop gap that keeps them going until they have the time to look at things.

I don’t know if you’re still rolling out the My Tasks to paid customers… this might just save some headaches if so. Otherwise, perhaps this is something to reflect on for the future of how Asana handles very disruptive breaking changes…

I don’t understand either why they did not do it :man_shrugging: @Phil_Seeman agrees I believe. However I would be surprised if there wasn’t an existing thread on the topic… Or maybe it has been discussed inside other topics :thinking: @Rebecca_McGrath do you know?

2 Likes

Sam, and @Bastien_Siebman,

I know Asana actually did spend time thinking about whether to pre-build rules vs. have people build their own rules.

Obviously we know they ended up deciding to have people create their own rules. I don’t know all of the details of their discussions, but what they communicated was they concluded that if they automatically created rules in peoples’ My Tasks, many people would not be aware of their existence and thus of the fact that they could now customize the movement of tasks between sections to meet their specific needs. By “forcing” people to create the rules themselves, it teaches people that the rules exist and can be set up exactly how they want.

Personally I think I would have done it the other way. But I wanted to communicate that it was the result of a conscious decision-making process on their part.

1 Like

I see, although it does seem to have backfired a little!

It seems to me there could have been a good middle ground where people were encouraged to walk through setting up rules but were left with an option of having them set up automatically if they didn’t engage with setting up rules…

Insead, there seem to be a lot of angry people!

1 Like

Hi @Sam, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback. And thanks to @Phil_Seeman and @Bastien_Siebman for joining in on the conversation :slight_smile:

I’ll pass this on to the Product team and let you know if any changes are made :slight_smile:

1 Like