New Format

So… before the new format, I could be in a project and use the down and up arrows to move from one task to another. And I could copy something from one task (highlight, Ctrl C), use the down arrow to move to the next task and paste (Ctrl V). That no longer works. It’s frustrating because it takes so much longer to do the same thing using the mouse. I am very much a keyboard shortcut user rather than a mouse user. So, so disappointed.

Welcome to the Forum @Diane_Taylor :wave: and thank you for reaching out!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with shortcuts. I can confirm that you should be able to use the down and up arrows to move from one task to another. You can learn about Shortcuts in this handy article: https://asana.com/guide/help/faq/shortcuts or by clicking on the image icon next to your Profile Picture.

I hope this helps Diane! But please let me know if you have any follow-up question or comment!

You can move up and down (from task to task) using the up/down arrows, but when you do that, you can’t start typing in the task. Before the updates, you could. I dislike the new format so much, I hope my boss will stop requiring us to
use it. I think it’s been made much more complicated than it needs to be.

Hi @Diane_Taylor and thanks for the follow-up!

You should be able to start typing in your task by clicking “Enter” after using arrows to access your task!

And I’m sorry to hear about your experience with the new list view, make sure to vote on existing #productfeedback threads or feel free to create new to let us know what your pain points are. For example, you might be interested to add your vote to Issue with shortcut behaviour in the new task list

Hope this helps! Have a great Friday!

1 Like