Need help changing organization domain

Hello—I need assistance changing the domain name associated with my organization account, as the person who set it up for me used the wrong email address (thus not allowing anyone in my organization to become a member with their proper email address). Much thanks.

Hi @ANNE_MORRIS; Michael from the Asana support team here.

If you wished to switch the primary domain associated with your Organization, you’ll need to get in touch with a member of our User Operations team. To do so, reach out via our support form at Asana Support - Help Center • Asana

You & your Team can prepare in the mean time by adding their new emails by following the directions in our guide here.. In fact, you’ll need to do so prior to reaching out in order to prove to our team that you own the domain you wish to transition your Organization over to.

Hope this helps Anne!
:slight_smile:

I’ve added a new email address to my profile, and need to change my organization’s email domain to the new email. The support article directed me to contact support for help doing that. So here I am! Help?

Jeremy

You need to go here Asana Support - Help Center • Asana and contact support.

Hey @Jeremy_Reeves; Michael from the Asana support team here.

@Todd_Heflin is absolutely right! in order for our Team to process this change for your Organization you’ll need to get into contact with our support Team.

To help facilitate this change, and to ensure that you’re able to prove your ownership of the domain you’re seeking to switch over to, I recommend adding your email registered at the new email by following the directions on our guide that explains how to add a new email address to your Asana account.

Hope this helps Jeremy
:slight_smile:

PS: Going to merge this with an existing thread to consolidate topics :scissors:

Hi,
I need help changing my organizations domain and have contacted support 3 times but have not heard back. Possibly they may be using the old email address associated with the account (even though I noted the new email address in my message). We no longer have access to that domain so can’t receive emails to it.

How can I move forward?

@Michael_A
Just following up on my message from the other day. This is my 5th time reaching out for help on this issue (3 emails and 2 messages in this thread). Is there any other way to connect with support?

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am looking to do the same thing. Thanks!

The support link just goes to a help page - what do you have to click on to actually make the request to switch domains - why isn’t there a direct link to make it easy for users?

I’m about to change from a .co.uk to a .eu domain and worried my IT will switch off the old domain before I get a chance to do any required confirmations for the Asana transfer.

Also I am currently using only the free version - will Asana still complete the transfer? I’m trying to get colleagues to trial the system and hope to get agreement to fund the paid version soon!

Found it! Not sure why it’s so hard to make contact - there’s no direct link but at Asana Support - Help Center • Asana click “I’m having trouble with…” and right at the bottom of the page there’s a “Let’s talk” button which opens a contact form. Hopefully this will produce the answer I’m looking for.

Sorry for the troubles @Julian_Wattam, where you able to change your email domain succesfully? If not I can have my Support Team reach out to you directly.

Feel free to send me a DM with your email address, thanks!

I have a new client who asked how he can change the website domain name with his Asana account. Below is his request. I have an appointment tomorrow (Tuesday), from what I read it appears he should contact Support for assistance. Who may I specifically direct him to speak with please?

*We changed our domain name over a year ago. We still seem to be working fine, but we no longer get email alerts, and I’m just not sure things are right. We are a CPA firm. I’m not clear on the steps to take to get on a new domain. Our domain used to be dowdwhittaker.com and now it is whittakercpas.net. We no longer get emails using the domain dowdwhittaker.com. My email address is now tom@whittakercpas.net.

Who should I contact? Sent email to support multiple times regarding this issue but didn’t hear anything.
Thanks!

I’ve sent three messages to support on this since last week with no reply. Businesses need support faster than this … especially for functionality that we cannot do for ourselves.

Who at Asana Support can take ownership of this and get this worked out for me on Thursday?

Thanks,

Chris Rodney
Client Project Manager

Personally, I don’t like the competence of employees in front of their clients. I also sent an email to tech support several times with a request to solve this problem, and I did not receive any response from them. My friend advised me to switch to a new hosting service mangomattermedia.com and to transfer all the data from my site to forget about all the problems. For the third month I haven’t encountered any problems with the site, everything works very well. They set up my entire site automatically and launched it. I realized that you don’t need to spend time and money on low-quality hosting, as it depends on the stability and earnings of your site.

1 Like

Blockquote
Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

Hey could you help me do the same please???

Hi, I am also facing this issue. I have contacted the support team and am hoping to have a timely answer.

Hello, I have the same issue. We have already added the new emails, I contacted the support via the form. Its been about 14days and still no answer from Asana suuport :frowning:
Who should i contact pls?
Thank you.