Need Asana/Google access under Team Drives!

I’m just posting to add my voice to the list of people who would like this implemented. I’m not expecting it immediately by any means, but every vote counts right?

7 Likes

Pretty much just echoing everything from above. Our org is committed to Team Drives to the extent that we just did a migration from Egnyte and are decomming Egnyte this month. If none of the stuff natively created in G Team drive is able to be attached to Asana tasks, that’s gonna make it tough for me to use Asana.

4 Likes

Eric, In the interim you can post the hyperlink to the document you want
instead of attaching. That’s how I’ve been working around this…

2 Likes

Yep I’ve been doing that too until the issue with the file-picker API or what-have-you gets resolved

1 Like

Any updates? Several other apps we use have already fixed this problem. For example, mindmup.com and draw.io have already fixed this and now support team drive. That means it is possible to have web applications that can search, link and create files with team drive so why not asana?

2 Likes

Any updates? Several other apps we use have already fixed this problem. For example, mindmup.com and draw.io have already fixed this and now support team drive. That means it is possible to have web applications that can search, link and create files with team drive so why not asana?

Please can we have an updated @Alexis?

@Alexis Can we please have an updated, this is causing an undue amount of workaround effort at the moment.

4 Likes

Hi Doug. Thanks for checking in. We’re unable to provide a product roadmap or specific feature updates in the Community at this time. For more information on how we capture and respond to your product feedback, take a look:

1 Like

Hello, guys.
I saw that Google has released the dev kit for Team Drive a while ago and Asana hasn’t implemented yet. Will you do anytime soon? We are now “attaching” files with links because we moved all files onto the new Team Drive. It would be great to have this feature soon =)

4 Likes

1+ for this new feature

5 Likes

@Alexis, please, please, please make this a priority. Being able to link to team drives is critical for us to stick with Asana. We love asana, but we need access to our files. Pretty please make the magic happen so we can link to our team drive.

6 Likes

@Alexis Yes, Team-Drive implementation would be appreciated!
And something else important - we can attach also “folders” (not only files) from box.com, but with attachments from google-drive, we only can attach files!? Any solution for this?
Cheers, Franz

5 Likes

@Alexis - We have adopted Team Drive as our standard as well. Any update on the ability to attach Team Drive files to Gmail would be appreciated.

3 Likes

I would also love to add that this feature would greatly improve my team’s experience with Asana. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts! No update yet but I’ll let you guys know.

2 Likes

Adding to the list of Team Drive requests.

Like many businesses previously using Google Drive, we have migrated to Team Drive because of the way it manages document permissions of contributors using personal gmail accounts.

Asana needs to support this soon if we’re going to commit to growing our business using the platform.

Thanks

1 Like

Adding to the list of anxious users looking to use team drives in Asana.

3 Likes

One more company excited to be using Asana, but anxious for Team Drive integration. C’mon Asana, you got this! We believe in you.

3 Likes

Just adding us to the list of Team Drive-using folk.

2 Likes