Need ability to set Tags via Quick Add Task

Quick Add Task would be much more useful if one could set tags to the Task as it’s created. Unfortunately that is not the case which means that after I create a Quick Added Task I have to navigate in the UI to find the new task and then set the tag after the fact which inhibits productivity.

2 Likes

Seconded. Our team uses tags to implement a priority ranking in “Next Actions” lists: we have p1, p2, p3, p4 tags for instance. About half of the tasks we create should have at least one tag so this is a big pain point for us.

1 Like

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
You are unable to add a tag when creating a new task from the tag page. Ideally the task from would start with the tag you are currently viewing already added. Instead you have to create the task. Catch the toast that says you created it to open the task in whatever location it was created. Add the tag there. Click the newly added tag to get back to your tag page.

Steps to reproduce:
Open a tag page
Use the create new button to create a new task

Browser version:
Chrome on Windows, but not browser specific

Upload screenshots below:

2 Likes

Hi @Aron_Duby, thanks for reaching out!

As it stands, it’s currently not possible to add tags when creating tasks from the Quick Add option. We already have a thread in our #productfeedback category on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to centralize feedback. We’ll update this thread once we have any news about this feature! Thanks again for your feedback!

2 Likes

It would be fantastic if the Quick Add task function would allow you to add tags.

Similar to how it allows you to choose the priority of a task.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @DoraD! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Need ability to set Tags via Quick Add Task to centralize feedback.

One suggestion for a solution - what if typing “#” pulls up a list of available tags? Would that cause latency or inefficiency in the Quick Add Task window? I would love this feature too!

When I create a new task from the red + button, I can add a project, description, due date, assignee, etc., but I cannot seem to add tags! Maybe there is a way, but I can’t find it. I frequently think of a random thing I need to add to another project without switching focus, and I make liberal use of tags. As it is, there is no way for me to do this without creating the new task and then navigating to it.

Welcome, @Daniel_Wilson1,

There’s already a thread with this request so I’ve merged your post there. Please vote at the top!

Thanks,

Larry

I agree with the need for tags in quick tasks. Can we get an ETA on this feature delivery?

2 Likes