My Tasks - Section Discretion?

Hi!

I am curious what visibility my teammates have when I assign or change a task’s section in the My Tasks dashboard. I’ve been playing around with a few different ways of organizing my tasks today, and then I realized that there are a million updates on each task, saying that the task has been moved here…then there…then to another section.

Are these updates private to me? Or is it actually announcing to the entire world that :loudspeaker: BEHOLD :loudspeaker: this task is now organized in Noelle’s “email” section?

Because hypothetically (not that I would… :eyes:) if I moved a task to a section named something like “Worst / Most Boring Projects Ever” or just a silly combination of emojis, can anyone else see that? :laughing:

1 Like

@Noelle_Grimes,

Funny!

I believe all these updates are private to you (Asana is careful about privacy in that way) so long as you’re not sharing My Tasks (share button at the top).

If you are sharing, then I believe those you share with may see those story/audit trail updates).

(I didn’t try this to confirm but believe it to be correct. Sometimes it’s nice to use a gmail.com login to see how things look in Asana from another’s perspective. You can keep two logins with an incognito browser window for one of them, browser profiles, or a different browser.)

Larry

If you shared your My Tasks with your colleagues (share button at the top), they will see. Below is an example from @Julien_RENAUD tasks:
CleanShot 2022-11-17 at 09.30.16

2 Likes

I have not explicitly “shared” the My Tasks board with anyone, but if the tasks themselves are shared across projects / teams, does that mean that they can see the My Tasks section changes?

I was about to tell you that I was sure your sections won’t show up, but now I have a doubt… @Rebecca_McGrath ?

You’re right, @Bastien_Siebman. Sections will not be visible to other users, even if you have shared your My Tasks with them.

I am confused by your answer, if you share your My Tasks with someone they do see your sections and notifications in the history of a task.

No, if you share your My Tasks with someone, they will not be able to see your sections and notifications in the history of a task.

My screenshot above is the proof it isn’t true: I took the screenshot myself and can see his sections. I also see my assistant sections. I believe we are not talking about the same thing :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.