My Tasks: "Recently Assigned" → "Today" rule doesn't work

All the threads I could find on this topic have been closed.

This reply says “with the recent update in My Tasks, you can create a rule that automatically moves all new tasks added to the “Recently assigned section” that are due today to the “Today” section.”

I have tried multiple rule configurations to get this to happen but new tasks that have been assigned to me and are due today are staying in the “Recently Assigned” section.

I think the rule might only run once at midnight or something like that. I too noticed that if you get assigned tasks that are due today or you change the due date to today, it doesn’t automatically move to the today column even if you have that rule in place.

2 Likes

Exactly correct!

1 Like

Is there a way to ask a rule to run again even if it’s already past the midnight time?

1 Like

I too would like a workaround or solution for this. Is there a way to get rid of the Recently Assigned section all together? I have Due Today, Past Due, and Upcoming. I don’t care about Recently Assigned at this point. I’ve almost missed items that were due today but were only appearing in Recently Assigned.

1 Like

This defeats the purpose of the rule described in the solution I linked or at least makes it misleading, since all tasks (whether they are in the “Recently Assigned” section or not) will be moved to “Today” at midnight. What about tasks that were created or assigned to me today and are due today? They will not go to the “Today” section until midnight, which is too late.

No, sorry.

There is not, You can rename it to whatever you’d like and you can move it to a different location amongst your sections, but there has to be a “special” section where Asana puts tasks that just got assigned to you; you can’t delete it.

Yeah. Actually I don’t think they will move at all, because when they’re evaluated at midnight they will no longer match the rule of being due “today”.

The only solution for you and @Nicole_Douglas at the moment is to use our Flowsana integration; Flowsana’s date-based rule triggers DO get evaluated when a task’s due date (or start date) changes, so a task assigned to you today will get moved to a today section if you have such a rule built.

1 Like

Hmm… can anyone chime in about whether this is by design, if I’m using Asana incorrectly, or if I’m expecting too much from minutiae— OR, if it’s a recognized problem that will eventually be fixed?

The only solution for you and @Nicole_Douglas at the moment is to use our Flowsana integration; Flowsana’s date-based rule triggers DO get evaluated when a task’s due date (or start date) changes, so a task assigned to you today will get moved to a today section if you have such a rule built.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.