My Task Rule does not refresh tasks corrently

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When date rule is created to a section (e.g. Today), the daily refresh based on the rule does not affect tasks with dates already updated (e.g. date changed, date deleted, etc.) are not affected and remains in the section. This results in the section not pertinent to the rule created continuously for days.

Steps to reproduce:
Create a new section with a rule specifying a particular date condition (e.g. today).
Wait for the daily refresh.
Then change the date of the task.
Wait for the daily refresh.
Check to see if the task with an invalid date is still listed in the original section.

Browser version:
Chrome 96.0.4664.110(Official Build) (x86_64)

Upload screenshots below:
(Won’t let new user upload, why?)

Hi @Giuseppe_Kobayashi, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

In order for a task with an updated due date to leave one Section and move to another, you must have another Rule set up.

For example, for tasks with a deleted due date to leave the Today section, you would need to have a Rule set up like this;

Trigger: Due date is removed
Action: Move to Section; Section X

Tasks will not leave a Section without a Rule. Does this make sense?

If so, do you have a Rule set up to remove tasks from the Today Section but these are not running?

Looking forward to hearing back from you :slight_smile:

Rebecca

Thank you for the response.
I see what you mean. In short, we have to create a rule for self-garbage collection.
That will work.

However, it is more desirable to define the rule to be a specific attribute for a particular section, such as Today will mean that it will collect only the tasks for Today during the daily refresh. This is more intuitive. Conflict for multiple rules being applied may be avoided with a hierarchy structure. This is for the wish list.

At any rate, your suggestion will make My Task more usable.

Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.