🔥 My Asana predictions for 2024

Everybody’s doing it in January, I do it in February: my predictions for the Asana ecosystem in 2024, with the help of my team!

:one: A lot of buzz around AI, lots of new features already, we will slowly start to understand how to use them properly beyond the initial hype.

:two: Asana will definitely release a ton of new things, including many AI features as well as improving the existing features. I am not sure we’ll see brand new features like we did with Goals or Gantt, I imagine this year being more of a “let’s improve everything and embed AI everywhere”. Disclaimer: I have a very limited access to the roadmap and can’t share anything anyway; so this is a guess.

:three: People will start applying for jobs in companies where Asana is already used, and people with Asana skills will highlight them on their resumes.

:four: Partners, like us at iDO, will become key in Asana’s strategy. We have ambitious goals at iDO, and I truly believe we will be blown away by how wrong we were (in a good way).

:five: I have this tickling feeling that something’s gonna happen with the competition. There were rumors last year of people leaving, people being laid off, unhappy clients… Maybe an acquisition? Notion seems to be getting stronger as well…

:six: Asana’s use in non-traditional industries will surge. Beyond tech and marketing, industries like healthcare, education, and construction will adopt Asana for project management and operational efficiency.

:seven: The Asana Community will grow exponentially. As the user base expands, so will the demand for user-led conferences, meetups, and webinars.

:eight: Sustainability and social impact related features might start to appear. Asana will also have to double-down or slowly walk away from their philosophy of “trust and transparency” as they focus more on the Enterprise market.

Asana lovers out there, did I miss anything? Do you agree?

6 Likes

Nice set of predictions! :clap: I would just agree with and emphasize your last point:

Asana will also have to double-down or slowly walk away from their philosophy of “trust and transparency” as they focus more on the Enterprise market.

As Asana focuses more and more on the Enterprise market, I think we’ll continue to see more functionality added to the product in the area of security and control. This will in many cases run counter to that “trust and transparency” philosophy but will be driven by demands for more control by the Enterprise market segment.

Indeed, that’s a difficult path to walk :slight_smile:

I hope you are right about sustainability and social impact. I have been using asana in the collective impact and educational spaces for the past 5 years.