Timeline for multiple projects on one screen

I can see one timeline from one project, how can i seen multiple timelines on one screen so that I can find out what member is e.g. busy on what day on more then one project etc.
How does that work?

Hi @Christoph_Gross! As it stands, it is not possible to see multiple timelines on the same screen, however there is a workaround to see multiple projects in a Timeline :point_right:Timeline - view multiple projects together - #3 by Peter_Trataris

If you’re looking to manage your team workload, you could potentially create a project private to yourself and multi-home all tasks assigned to your colleagues in this private project. You will then be able to see all tasks assigned to your colleague in the Timeline of your private project, which should help you to see who is busy and isn’t!

Hope this helps; let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Thanks @Marie, that’s helpful. Is it possibly to automatically multi-home tasks? It’d be really helpful to have a “parent project” that automatically contains all of the work for a team.

1 Like

Not at the moment @Jcc, but it sounds like a good opportunity to create a new thread in the #productfeedback category!

We are a team that works on multiple, ongoing projects, mostly marketing-oriented, and would like to be able to see a timeline that shows briefs, tasks, and deadlines for multiple projects.

Currently, we are using a single project, with sections to separate each individual projects. This workaround… works. For now! But, because the timeline is task-based, it’s impossible to keep a brief somewhere that is readily available to someone using the timeline. An ideal place for this would be in the section itself - if you click on a section in list view, you can see text, but the section titles are not clickable in timeline view. Why not?

It would also be AMAZING to be able to add subtasks as milestones in timeline! This would, of course, be dependent on being able to see multiple projects in a single timeline -

It seems that this is a pretty major functionality gap in Asana! A bit of a shame, to say the least.

Thanks for your feedback @Tara! We already have an existing thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing thread to gather all feedback in one place; hope that’s ok!