Multiple Projects in 1 board view

Saima,
In short, after much trial and error, we created a very blended approach. We have created Individual projects that cover a ‘range’ of functions, an initial ‘list view’ that is where we record all potential contact info. Very much ‘suspects’, not yet a prospect sometimes. Once we meet the client and begin the Estimating process, that is second project in asana, board view now, with columns showing the big picture job progression through this stage. We use this same format for the subsequent ‘stages’ (Design, final pricing, Engineering, production, etc) The tasks on these boards are our individual ‘jobs’ going through the process. We then us a blend of tags and custom fields to give visual cues on these boards, as well as ensure requisite information gets collected. It has taken about a year for us to hone in on this, but we finally left our large white boards that we used to track big picture job progress just this month.
Think Toyota Production Sytem / Lean Manufactuirng. Keep it visual. Having to go search a bunch of reports is far from ideal. Hopefully the attached screen snips give you a sense of what we are doing. It is still progressing, but the idea is to create immediate status awareness of a given job to both the responsible parties and managers, for any given stage. I am still working on getting the ‘loading’ of our overall resources from this, but I know that I will with this format. I have some wishes for subtask functionality that is addressed elsewhere on here, but this is better than we have had it in the past!

Hope this makes sense.

1 Like