Multiple milestone 'diamonds' not filling in when completed

Description:
In calendar view, when I have multiple milestones within a single day, the “diamond” doesn’t fill it when I complete all of the milestones. This makes it look like there are still some incomplete milestones.

Steps to reproduce:
Within your “My Tasks” Calendar view, create 2 milestones on a single day. Mark both milestones as completed. The diamond doesn’t fill in (like it does when only 1 milestone is present)

Browser version: Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Welcome to the Forum @Mina_Johnson and thank you for reaching out!

I believe this is not a Bug but rather the expected behaviour but let me double check with Team and I’ll get back to you as soon as I get an update!

Thank you for taking time to report it!

1 Like

Do you mean like this? I can’t reproduce the problem.

Hey @Stephanie_Oberg,

@Mina_Johnson is referring to the calendar - if you only have one Milestone for a day and it’s completed, you can see the completion as a filled-in diamond on the calendar:

but if you have more than one and they’re all completed, the summary diamond for “N milestones” isn’t filled in:

(@Marie, I would additionally argue that in the “N milestones” summary text, the word “milestones” should be capitalized, as the app and the Asana Guide always capitalize “Milestones” from what I’ve seen.)

2 Likes

Thanks @Phil_Seeman, @Natalia is on the case for this too :wink:

1 Like

Oh, got it. Yes, I see the same behavior as Mina. That’s unfortunate. Really hard to understand why someone would design this, this way. It would be so easy to make it like this:

• N Milestones & N complete ==> Filled-in diamond
  • N Milestones & <N complete ==> Open diamond

Doing so would save a click, and enhance productivity, at no apparent cost of any sort or in any use case.

2 Likes

Oops, sorry @Natalia, didn’t mean to incorrectly reply to Marie! I guess when working in the forum, by habit I just naturally go to the M-A-R-I-E keys…

2 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what I’m talking about. If this isn’t a bug, I would love to see this design change since it just introduces confusion at-a-glance.