Multi-select tasks in mobile app?

Is there a way to select multiple tasks simultaneously to bulk assign tasks to a team member or to add a project to multiple tasks simultaneously? I am really only going to be able to access Asana via the app, and without this capability it takes absurdly long to do anything in Asana.

For instance, if I make a project with 30 tasks and then later need to add an additional project to those tasks, I can only do so by going into each task one-by-one and adding the additional project. This is insanely tedious.

7 Likes

Hi @Marcus_Johnson; Michael from Asana here.

Unfortunately this is not possible within our Asana mobile apps at the moment.

As of now our mobile app does not share full parity in functionality with our desktop browser; in particular, with regard to your point about multi-selecting Tasks.

Our mobile app was designed to provide users, on the go, the ability to check in with their Tasks, Add Tasks/Projects among other light weight features. However, for more heavy lifting & to leverage the full power of Asana, we do recommend that you use our Desktop browser.

3 Likes

I second this as a feature. I rarely work on a desktop these days

4 Likes

Yep, this doesn’t function on iOS browsing through SAFARI using desktop site request mode. (Nor Firefox for iOS either). It’s a fundamental feature as I know a lot of folks ditching ‘proper computers’ as my grandad called them…

1 Like

+1
Much needed feature

1 Like

+1

Just ditched my computer for an iPad Pro and my only regret is lack of functionality in Asana. I have a payments validation project which after reviewing quickly task by task, in the desktop version i can select all the tasks > change the custom filed status > assign to the right person. In mobile is a pain to assign and change the field task by task. Talking about 40 tasks every beginning of the week :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes! Just switched to an iPad Pro as well and it’s been a dream for my workflow except for the lack of parody on the Asana mobile app.

2 Likes

Really needing this on Android. It’s the one feature i miss the most since switching from Todoist - the ability to easily make all the overdue tasks due today.

2 Likes