Multi-select in Boards

I have created a similar topic for this feature - but with a bit of additional information: Board View: Select where to add new tasks in a section (Top or Bottom of the list os tasks in a section)

Can we have an update on where this is on the roadmap? It sounds like this was close to being worked on 8 months ago, but this is still not working today.

Feature Requests:

• Select Multiple
  • Send to Top
  • Send to Bottom
4 Likes

Thanks Sara, this answer has been VERY useful to me!
Regards
Victor

Wanted to add a +1 for this feature - would like to multi-select notes so that I can mark all of today’s tasks as “complete” at the same time. Thank you!

1 Like

Any news about this?

1 Like

In Trello have some options in the column’s head: “Move all card from this list to…” and “Archive all card from this list”. It’s a very simple and useful function for this I think…

1 Like

+1 for multiselect on boards. This was a commonly used feature when we used Jira, most often used by the project manager to keep everything clean and move unfinished tasks over to a new sprint durring sprint planning. also would +1 for the feature mentioned above regarding “send to top/ send to bottom” of a column, again very useful to help define which tickets are the most pressing to work on.

5 Likes

@Alexis @Sara Any updates here? It seems to be one of the most popular requests, has been on the roadmap for about a year and has had no updates from Asana staff for about 6 months.

This feature would help a great deal in not feeling like Asana treats boards as a second-class citizen.

@Sara Is there a possible workaround to use multi-select? I would like to sum up the custom field “estimated hours” per board column. Otherwise I need to use lists. Both rather sub-optimal.

1 Like

Hello! This feature is very important! @Alexis

What’s the latest. This is so frustrating. I’ve literally spent forever changing our project workflow to use boards. The most critical information is the section/lane in those boards, which used to be stored in a custom field.

I need to total our story points per lane/column or I have no way of planning sprints

What’s even worse is I tried to do a work around, and use the advanced search, but the advanced search only permits me to fitler by project, not by lane/column/section within the project, so that’s no good either.

The only option I can think of new is to create a new “status” custom field which replicates each column on the board, and each time I move a task across in to a new column update the status too. I can then do an advanced search in that project, and filter by status.

But god that’s an untidy workaround! And I don;t think I can get everyone to constantly update status AND column. In fact at that point I might as well revert to the workflow I’ve spent ages migrating away from just to use columns!!!

1 Like

Is there an update on the status of this feature?

2 Likes

Would love this too - been patiently waiting!!!

1 Like

vote +1 for feature

1 Like

This is an incredibly important feature when using templates for projects under Asana’s current configuration limitations

So, it is quite frustrating to come to these boards and find the community is clamoring for help and updates; but then receives none. Sad.

As it stands, we are scrambling to figure ways to work around limitations on basic elements in Asana. For example, we are trying to create pools of tasks (notes, sub-tasks, custom fields, etc) for templates to assign out on projects based on phases or milestones - because there is no clean way to import tasks due to limitations with CSV import (no sub-tasks, and limited fields) and the inability (still) to add a template to an existing project. So, we can easily have multiple tasks that need to be added at once to the queue when a milestone, phase, etc occurs. The inability to select multiple tasks at once on boards hampers our productivity, and frankly, makes us continue to explore other options. Some of these features are not difficult to implement, and should already be addressed. So, too, should the ability to switch between lists and boards.

Would someone from Asana please respond and provide an update. Your community deserves it.

1 Like

maybe, an option in advanced search to filter by column (and project). So, we can find all task, and mark them as completed

1 Like

When will it be done?

Hi all! I’m delighted to announce that you can now multi-select cards in your Board projects to move multiple tasks across columns in one go. Simply hold your “Cmd/Ctrl” key and click on cards to select them.

As it stands, multi-selecting doesn’t allow you to take other actions (such as deleting tasks or updating due dates), but we’re getting closer! Thanks for your patience and for supporting this feature request!

Happy Monday!

6 Likes

I see than in Board view some useful functionalities of Asana are not working.
Another one is the MultiSelect of Tasks. You can try the shortcuts and experience how it does not work. It´s very frustrating when you are only interested in KanBan/Board view.

Hi @JoseJuan! Merging your post with Multi-select in Boards - #28 as they are both very similar. Note that you can now multiselect cards in your Board projects; more details in the post itself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see we can multi-select. Beyond dragging things around what functionality is available? Can we tag? Adjust dates (See that mentioned as coming)? Etc.? Anything?! This is really needed. Help