Move to another sections

Hello Asana folks!

I seek for help with conditions, which I can set in Asana. Let me write two cases.

Case_1

I would like to make the possibility to move the task to the next section depending on the custom field for all users. For example:

Custom filed: approval set

drop-down list: Yes/No

Expected:

1. Flag ‘No’ - User tries to move to the next section in result user cannot move to the next section

2. Flag ‘Yes’ - User tries to move to the next section in result user can move to the next section

Is this possible in Asana?

Case_2

As Asana Project Owner I would like to give the privilege to move the task to another section for particular users only. For example:

User A privilege: can move to another section

User B privilege: cannot move to another section

Expected:

1. User A - User tries to move to the next section in result user can move to the next section

2. User B - User tries to move to the next section in result user cannot move to the next section

Is this possible in Asana?

Another

Thanks,

Paulina

Welcome to the Forum @anon1465648 and thank you for reaching out!

Great questions! I’m replying case by case below.

Case 1: As it stands it is not possible to lock a task using Custom Fields. You could set up 2 rules to move the task to different sections based on the option chosen but it is not possible to use a Rule to prevent the task to be moved to a different section. More information on rules in the following guide article: Rules

Case 2: You could achieve this by using comment-only projects where those project members who have comment-only permission are not able to edit anything in the project.

I hope this helps Paulina but please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

@Natalia thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like