Missing view options for Tasks Completed recently

+1 on thisā€¦ Asanaā€™s new UI update has broken the extension too :confused:

@Vaughan_Rouesnel, is there any chance to restore the functionality via extension update or Asana removed functionality from backend?

1 Like

It still works for me. Thankfully.

Since there is new Project Header/toolbar implemented (see Now rolling out to Asana users - our new project header!) Iā€™d filed alternative proposal to restore this feature in new UI at Custom Tasks Completion project listing display filter (Incomplete with Recenty Completed).

Please vote there as well.

1 Like

There is a new design for the project header/toolbar. I will update the Recently Completed Chrome Extension shortly.

Just wanting this functionality back in Asana.

@Vaughan_Rouesnel Also, seeing if Vaughan knows when the plugin will be updated. Thanks Vaughan.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Custom Tasks Completion project listing display filter (Incomplete with Recenty Completed)

63 votes have been moved. 2 votes could not be moved because their users already voted in the other topic.

That shows every task Iā€™ve ever closed on this project, not just the ones I closed today. Iā€™d like the completed tasks to disappear after a day (like they used to) so that I can still see them when Iā€™m reviewing what Iā€™ve accomplished while still seeing whatā€™s left to do.

1 Like

Sorry @Becca2, I misunderstood your question; deleted by response.

Any update on this?

1 Like

Iā€™d also love to see an update on this? We need this to keep on using Asana or will have to find another tool due to the way our sprint planning is now done.

Hello Asana Team,

I have used Asana a lot in the past, here and there for 7 years, and have recommended it often. I think itā€™s a great product.

For the last 5 years Iā€™ve been mostly using Jira for heavy projects (out of my control), and just came back to start using Asana heavily. Unfortunately there are two major problems:

1. Still no Markdown support (I posted on that feature thread).
  2. And now, this view recently completed tasks feature has been removed.

Iā€™m concerned as this is a very useful feature for any ongoing projects, like a Weekly Meeting project (or a persistent Sprint project instead of needing to create a new sprint project each sprint). I donā€™t know if our workflows will work here anymoreā€¦

And there were Cricketsā€¦ We downgraded our license primarily because of the missing view options for Tasks Completed recently and are now considering alternatives to Asana. Been using the product for years so it is going to be painful but at this point we have no choice.

2 Likes

+1

Adding my voice here. Reviewing both incomplete and recently completed tasks is essential for many standups, and Asana is no longer allowing both in one view. A simple fix would be to allow searches which add a ā€œCompleted Date Afterā€ filter to also match incomplete tasks (as long as the complete/incomplete filter were set to ā€œAllā€)

1 Like

Since the ā€œspreadsheet-styleā€ update, my Chrome extension to add this behavior has been broken.

Asana has added some guards making it very difficult to get the extension to work again without it becoming very brittle to future changes.

It would be so easy for Asana to allow this functionality.

Full details here: https://github.com/vjpr/asana-recently-completed-tasks-chrome-extension/issues/1

After lots of trying I could not get this to work.

I have moved to Airtable too. I will deprecate my plugin.

1 Like

Hi everyone! We currently offer a feature that allows you to view tasks completed recently. You can add this filter in your My Tasks, Projects or using the Advanced search feature:

This request was specific for the option of having a view of Tasks Completed recently. If you wish to see recently completed tasks alongside incomplete tasks, you can add your vote here: Custom Completed Recently Tasks subset .

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like