Migrating from free Asana Account to Paid Account

Hello Asana team,

I am wondering if it is possibnle to migrate my Asana content (tasks and projects) from a free account to a pre-existing paid account?

While waiting for the tech team at the organization to approve my inclusion in the org Asana package, I built out my own extensively. If possible, I’d like to avoid recreating my work in my new account. If it is possible, please show me the way. I’m also happy for Asana support staff to reach out to me via email.

Thank you for your consideration,
Will

Hi @Will_Wlizlo! Welcome to the Forum!

One option could be to merge the two accounts following these steps: Managing your account settings | Product guide • Asana Product Guide. By doing this, you will have access to both organizations/workspaces from the same account.

The other option could be to move all your projects from your free account into the Premium account. There isn’t a feature available in Asana to do that but you can achieve it by using the following third party application: Kothar

I hope this helps Will! :slight_smile:

P.S.: In case you opt for the first option and you face any difficulty to merge the accounts, feel free to reach out to our support team who will be able to manually merge them for you.

@Natalia and @Will_Wlizlo,

Fyi…Instead of the Kothar link to the earlier version of the tool, I think https://ditto.kothar.net/ is the best link to be using. A while ago the author @Kothar recommended use of Ditto over the earlier release even though Ditto is still in Beta.

Larry

Hi @Natalia and @lpb,

Thank you both for your suggestions! These are just the kind of solutions that I was looking for. I appreciate your help and will follow up if I have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Will

3 Likes