Migrate Asana tasks from one account to another

Hi,
I have two mail accounts within my organization which ultimately route into one inbox. But I made the mistake of signing up to Asana with one and to Slack with the second one. Now I cannot add tasks from Slack to the correct Asana account.
Is there a way to migrate data from one account to another?

Thanks

In one of the account go to profile settings > from Email, and add the second email. Your accounts will be ā€œmergedā€ and you will be able to use both email to loginā€¦

Bastien
Asana Certified Pro, consultant, author and developer

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I had no idea that this potion would give equal access from both accounts.

@Marie can you confirm what I said? @Norbert_Gasparik yes it is not very clear in the interface.

1 Like

Yes confirming that the solution offered by @Bastien_Siebman should work @Norbert_Gasparik. Here are the instructions to merge your accounts: Managing your account settings | Product guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide

Let us know if youā€™re running into any trouble!

1 Like

Thanks @Marie and @Bastien_Siebman for your answers and help. As of now, I am running the newest version of Asana web app, so what I see is a little different. The tab you are referring to, is probably the ā€˜EMail Notificationsā€™ tab now. Anyhow, the options there are the same and upon adding the account, it does just what I wanted.
So thank you again, you guys saved me a headache.

2 Likes

Correct @Norbert_Gasparik; we have renamed ā€œfrom Emailā€ to ā€œEmail forwardingā€; our guide article (How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide ā€¢ Asana Product Guide) should also be updated soon!
Let us know if you have any follow-up questions, Norbert; happy Wednesday!

1 Like

Good to know Marie!

1 Like