Messages - Drafts now showing on unrelated boards!

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: As of Tuesday, 25th May 2021, a change was rolled out to Messages where draft messages are no longer only showing on the board they were initiated from.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open any board in Asana

2. Go to Message and click to start a new one

3. Draft some information in the message

4. Open ANY other Asana page in another tab

Browser version: Any, but I’ve verified this bug on Chrome (latest version) and Safari

Expected Results: The new page opens WITHOUT the drafted message defaulting to being open on that page, since it is NOT related to that board.

Actual Results: EVERY page opened shows any and all drafted messages that user has on any board.

Hi @Shawn_Murphy, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

I can confirm that this is actually a feature update and not a bug. Going forward, any message drafts will now pop up at the bottom of the screen to remind you to edit and post or delete :slight_smile: This is to make drafts more easily retrievable.

That is unfortunate. Now we can’t use this feature.

When meeting with client A, I can’t bring up my screen to walk through a project board because all other drafts, for other clients, are now showing.

We will find another platform.

Can you help me understand why Asana would release a “feature” that blocks a users ability to even join a task? The draft messages showing up on every page is blocking the option to click Join or Leave a task.

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.