@Mentioning groups of users in comment

Need this feature.

1 Like

One more vote!

1 Like

I just upvoted this! This would be a very handy feature to have!

-Justin

1 Like

Doesn’t matter how many people want it, if its not in their development pipeline then its never coming and I am going to start looking at the other tools out there.

1 Like

Completely agree that this would be very helpful and is needed. Upvoted :+1:

2 Likes

Any news?
Soon 2023…

2 Likes

This is would be awesome, please work on this!!!

1 Like

+1 this feature is definitely needed!

1 Like

I have now bumped into this issue already as well as our team grows out. As noted, competitors do offer this as well. Keep upvoting this thread so that it becomes more visibile.

3 Likes

bumping this post. This would be a handy feature when you need to tag a group of people in a comment (ex: all department managers)

2 Likes

Please add all my team as upvotes for this ~6yr old topic. Geeze Asana are you getting tone deaf? Please help!

2 Likes

Agreed with all above comments - other project management softwares do this and it is a total pain to tag several users all the time on several comments!

1 Like

Upvote :+1: on this feature to be implemented, please! IT IS ALREADY 2023, KINDLY MAKE THIS HAPPEN. A lot of your subscribers will benefit from this feature - please hear us! :wink:

2 Likes

I agree.

I think there should be a quick way of tagging an entire Team so that the comment pops up in everyone’s inbox.

I find myself tagging 4-6 people at times when I could just simply tag “@Install Crew” or “@Receiving Dept”.

2 Likes

I’m looking to @mention the collaborators to a task, so that they will realize from the notification that the message is not just general information to keep them in the loop or refer to later.

1 Like

Click Up let’s you tag @watchers on a task and I love it.

1 Like

This is a necessary feature. Beyond tagging groups of team members and collaborators, Asana’s current notification features are lacking as well. Based on our setup, our team members are receiving way too many notifications across projects and across tasks to which we have set our notifications to “@mentions only.” This means that even if they’re “Collaborators” of a task, they don’t receive notifications unless they’re specifically @mentioned.

In our specific use case, we want to set up automated comments in Rules. Given the limitations mentioned in this thread, either we have all or nothing by adding every @mention or setting up a million different if/then scenarios to simply achieve “@collaborators[of said task]” or “@group/team,” which is not only cumbersome but also prone to breaking.

1 Like

2024 and Asana still hasnt added this industry-standard feature :confused:

FWIW, A expensive (in the sense of purchasing more Asana seats) and less-than-ideal workaround is to create new ‘users’ in asana for the group of users of interest. This user can be ‘tagged’ in asana conversations/messages/threads (though I recommend NOT tagging them in tasks to ensure clarity of responsibility) and then for this to notify the user you’d want the email set up with this aggregate user to have notification/forwarding rules where it passes the notification to the inboxes of people in that group.

please add, we need this feature in our Team as well :slight_smile: