Media embeds and inline images in the task description

Re: Rebecca McGrath’s recent update on the now locked thread: A new way to write clearer, more detailed tasks - #76
“A quick update from me - Media embeds and inline images in the task description has just began to roll out today! :tada: We expect all users to have access to these elements of the new task description by the end of November!”

I have received this update overnight. Now when go to copy and paste data from Excel, it pastes it as a picture, which doesn’t really work for me. I’m not sure whether anyone would want to paste a picture of part of an Excel sheet.

The workaround at the moment is to right-click and paste as text. But it pastes it unformatted, whereas previously (when I do a simple ctrl-c/ctrl-v) it would neatly paste each cell on a separate line, so it’s not a great outcome for me.

I urge you to reconsider this new feature - a couple of suggestions:

• disabling for Excel copy/paste
  • give an option to paste as picture, but not by default or let user pick default preference

I must say, I’m not really a fan of the description box updates. I preferred it when it was just a plain text box.

Thank you for letting me add my feedback.

2 Likes

I encountered this issue too after getting the latest update with inline images in the task description. While I love that I can have images inline, pasting Excel cells as images is a no-go from me. There is never a reason I would want all my text converted into an image and pasted as such. This ought to be fixed to be pasted as text like it has always worked.

1 Like

I agree, I can’t think of a scenario where I’d want to paste am image of an Excel sheet. (and if I did, I’d deliberately make it into an image via screenshot).