Master Projects with Sub-Projects

It does seem that Portfolios is aiming to fill this void, in some capacity. Has anyone messed around with the Portfolios that you would be able to comment. Itā€™s essentially doing what I think most on this thread are looking for.

1 Like

1 and half year, no update

Hi @Zahid_Gill and thanks for the reminder :slight_smile: We havenā€™t planned to implement this feature in the next few months, but weā€™re defintiely keeping it on our radar and will continue to consider it for future updates :slight_smile: On my end, Iā€™ll make sure to keep you post an update on this thread as soon as I have an update!

Iā€™ll add my vote for this feature too. Iā€™ve been using ā€œSectionsā€ for sub-projects, but thatā€™s not really what it is used for. I agree, this is the #1 shortcoming of Asana. I extend my vote to unlimited nested sub-projects. Thanks!

This would be incredibly helpful - especially since right now you canā€™t view subtasks in Timeline mode

Wouldnā€™t porfolios be helpful in these cases?

Hello @Marie, Any news on this feature which would be essential?

Not at the moment @Raphael_Tieulent but Iā€™ll be sure to update this thread when I do!

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m excited to share we recently rolled out the ability to add Portfolios within Portfolios! With this update, a Portfolio will be able to contain projects, Portfolios, or both, so you can seamlessly monitor and communicate the health of your teamā€™s work. This also means you can create a portfolio that will acts as your master project and add projects and other sub-portfolios containing more projects.

This feature will allow most actions that can be performed on projects inside a Portfolio, but on Portfolios inside a Portfolio as well, such as:

• Adding and removing Portfolios and projects
  • Sorting projects and Portfolios
  • Viewing and modifying Custom Fields
  • Save layout as default

Please find more information in our announcement:

If you have any questions feel free to create new threads in our usecases or #tipsandtricks categories! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 41 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.