Mark Projects as Cancelled

With the recent update to mark projects as not only On Track, At Risk, Off Track, and Complete, it is necessary to add an option for Cancelled. When a project gets cancelled we have to create a workaround process to archive, but there is no status to show that the project is Cancelled. Requesting that this be added as an option for project status updates.

2 Likes

Technically, your status Title would be CANCELLED and the Status at the time of cancellation would be the traffic lights.

Hi @Cassidy_Clark, thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey do you mean you would update the title to CANCELLED? - I don’t think this is enough.

1 Like

I share the same frustration.
I’m maintaining a Portfolio of 56 projects and some of them were cancelled, after being “On Hold” for several months as the priorization and focus changed.
Within our reporting we need to know all the different status of the projects and these projects should be identidied.
Yes, adding in the tile “Cancelled” is a workaround but that messes with the KPIs of the Progress Dashboard.

1 Like

Hi there, my team is wondering the same thing. Although cancellation is not the goal, it is possible. Also, with the new option of company goals, the completion of projects is an update feature. With this in mind, my team is running into the issue of making a work-around process to “cancel” a project. A cancellation feature will help us manage our company goals, as well as team goals. I hope this feature comes available!

2 Likes

Can we add “Canceled” to the project status drop-down options? Some projects get started but then are canceled. It’s technically not complete since there weren’t any deliverables, but I also don’t want it counting toward my project dashboard and reports.

1 Like

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Caitlyn_Kostecki :wave:
Thank you for sharing your feedback! I have merged your request into an existing thread. Don‘t forget upvoting :slight_smile: