Mark Current Sprint

My team works in the SCRUM methodology, which means we create a project for each sprint.

I would love if I could mark a project as current project. With this ability, one could create a dashboard filtered for the current project, and whenever a sprint is done and we move to the next sprint, the dashboard will automatically update to include tasks from the other project.

Did you try to use custom field at project level, and use the Universal Reporting? It now has filters at the project level, I was wondering if it could work. Let me know if you are confused, I could try.

Hey @Bastien_Siebman , thanks for replying!

While your solution surely works, I think it’s a workaround and not a real solution.

At the moment, Asana doesn’t fully support SCRUM projects, and it shows in many of the approaches taken by its features. The Asana projects are built in a way that favors long-term projects over short-term projects (like sprints).

1 Like

Hi @Sagi_Shadur, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

@Sagi_Shadur, Did you already rule out keeping an evergreen project named “Current Sprint” and using rules and/or multi-select to adjust the homing or multi-homing of tasks to it? Any dashboards defined there would then be evergreen.

Asana tries to satisfy as best it can many uses cases. I’m not suggesting this fully supports your need but with an all-purpose product like Asana I try to identify the best ways to support the need then decide if it’s more advantageous to use Asana or not.

Thanks,

Larry