Mark a project for completion

Welcome to the Forum @Jas_Gebi and thank you for sharing this great feedback! Iā€™m glad to hear you are enjoying all our new features and updates :slight_smile: And while I donā€™t have an update to share regarding this feature, Iā€™ll follow-up on this thread as soon as I get an update. In the meantime thanks for your patience and understanding, we really appreciate it!

It seems as though it would make sense for there to be an ability to complete a project once itā€™s done. As of right now, all that can be viewed is a graph over time of completed tasks. This is useful, but thereā€™s no way to make the project complete, only to delete it entirely. I would also like to see a way of setting meaningful metrics in the progress menu. We have target numbers we need to reach and want an ability to view those in Asana. There is a lot of opportunity for the Progress pane.

+1 to ā€œcomplete projectā€ feature.

Is there an update on this being added? This thread/request started in Aprilā€™18.

I have my entire team working with Asana and asking me how to mark their projects as complete. A project is not ā€œCompleteā€ when it still shows as ā€œOn Trackā€. We really need to add this feature. Seems like it would simple. Please provide an update as to timing for adding this. Thanks!

3 Likes

This is incredibly frustrating to not be able to "completeā€™ a project. Not just for the satisfaction of closing the project but for reporting its a must. I donā€™t understand how this isnā€™t something that is being considered more of a priority.

3 Likes

I would love to be able to mark a project as ā€œCompleteā€ without archiving it. I want to keep my projects in my portfolio so that I can use it as a roadmap, but I also donā€™t want to change the due dates, which from what I can see is the only way to not have the project appear overdue at present.

Could a status ā€œCompleteā€ be added to the current selection?

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @nkavanagh and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

There is an existing thread in the Forum requesting this functionality so Iā€™m merging your post with this main thread to consolidate feedback. Please donā€™t forget to upvote it by clicking on the Vote button next to the title :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Hi Natalia,

It looks like many others have the same request as I do, to allow us to mark projects complete. Is there an update on the progress of this?

1 Like

Hi @Justin_Diller and welcome to the Forum! I donā€™t have any news to share at the moment but rest ensure Iā€™ll share information here as soon as I get any update about this topic.

Have a great week Justin!

It is unbeliefable that this feature does not existā€¦

1 Like
  • to complete project feature.

Happy 2020, Asana. Letā€™s make this happen.

2 Likes

Asana community and @Asana_Admin and @Strativepm, I am currently exploring alternatives to Asana due to the lack of response to this and other old requests. It is truly disappointing that something so highly requested seems to be being ignored. If there is any timetable or expectation for making this change, please advise.

8 Likes

Dave is absolutely right. As a PM itā€™s hard to present a Scope of Work based on the archive because thereā€™s no way to delineate which were archived because of failure / pivot and which were completed.
In addition, if you archive a project that is incomplete, the tasks stay associated with the team members on their on threads, which makes work more cumbersome and tracking of responsbilities overtime less reliable. They either have to ā€œmark the task as completeā€ which is false, or delete it which would make it hard to resurrect the project, or delete themselves from the task or the date, which makes it hard to come back to that project,

Iā€™ve found that an archived project can be resurrected and it would be really nice to learn from historic efforts in order to not repeat the failure.

Anyway, thatā€™s probably a bit too grand as far as aspirations go in the immediate future, but it would certainly be helpful to have that type of insight and functionality.

Thanks for all you do! Not complaining, just expanding. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am evaluating Asana for several growing teams that do not have collaborative project management tools. I really like many features of Asana and am looking to start digging into some of the value add components. However, not being able to ā€œcompleteā€ projects and filter out the completed and archived projects in the home page and such, will be an issue to sell this to the teams. Being able to hide these as default like in the side bar would be great.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand how this topic has so much support from users, but seems to have very little feedback from Asana?

Are there still NO plans to add this feature?

3 Likes

Hello -
This is yet another feature request (although I might suggest bug fix) that has been open for years with no forward momentum. Why would a someone develop project management software and omit the ability to mark a project ā€œCompletedā€ ?

Would someone from Asana please address this issue and get this on the development roadmap?

Thank you.

7 Likes

The need for us to have a completed project option is incredibly high. This should be an achievable task for the platform team to develop. This could easily be added to the status drop down, or give the whole project a mark as complete option. Is this something the development team are actively working towards based on all the previous feedback as above? If so, please some kind of time frame as to when this much needed fix will be available. Thank you

1 Like

Adding my vote to this feature request. It is one of the most common complaints from my team (and me) regarding closing out projects. And it would be great to notify out that the project is completed and archived to the team, etc.

1 Like

Please prioritize and implement this feature asap! Bought Asana a month ago and only now found out that this VERY simple thing is not doable. Very frustrating. Is this indicative that Asana product managers have never completed a project? lol

+1 for this feature to be implemented ASAP.

2 Likes