Map due dates of blocked tasks to preceding task?

Hi,

In our workflow, dependencies are set, so some internal tasks (eg, QC) block deliverables (eg, deliver draft). We also have Flowsana auto-adjust due date installed to our projects. When timelines shift, we want to change the due date for the deliverable (rather than the QC task), so Flowsana will adjust downstream tasks accordingly, but we need a way to clarify these timeline shifts for the QC assignee.

The QC tasks are multi-homed to a separate QC project. Thus, in the QC project, it would be great to have a new custom field showing the due date of the dependent task (ie, deliver draft). Is that possible?

Column headers in the QC project would show:
QC Task; QC Task Due Date; Due date of blocked task (ie, Deliverable)

Hi @Meagan_Eldridge :wave:t2:

Great question! While you can go ahead and create a new custom field in your QC project where your precedent (QC) tasks are multi-homed, the due date of the dependent (deliverable) tasks cannot be auto-populated into these fields. You would need to enter these dates manually.

As we currently do not have a date field type for custom fields, I would suggest using the text field type in your case.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you’ve any more questions :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response, Rebecca!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.