Making Tasks Default to Public

It really would be great to have the “Making Tasks Default to Public” option. Or better: “Making Tasks Default to Colleagues”

4 Likes

I agree. We need this change asap.

3 Likes

Please add the feature to change my default task type to public.

3 Likes

When will the public default setting be available?

4 Likes

Yet another for making default public an option

3 Likes

Not sure why this isn’t already a thing. I think this should be prioritized as a new feature. I am relatively new to Asana and it took me less than a week to search for this.

3 Likes

Hi, how can I switch all my existing tasks to public and create all new tasks as public by default?

6 Likes

Just another asana member here that needs this as an option. Different team members could be logged in during meetings and nobody can see what everyone is working on…Hard to hold a meeting when people have to go over their list and we can’t see their tasks because they forgot to do the one step on every task they make…so frustrating. We make projects on certain tasks but not all, this is not a solution asana.

4 Likes

To Asana people, who are explaining that we should work under Public Projects to resolve our issues: it doesn’t do enough. For example, I create a new task under public project (Templates) and then I want to move that Templated task under a different one (using one of the Advanced options → Make a subtask of) and as soon as it shifts projects, task becomes Private and every subtask under it. So if I want to make it public, I need to click Public option through all the levels. We desperately need a Default Public option.

6 Likes

I’m a new user to Asana and while I wanted to add another vote for this option, it is very dissappointing to see that this feature has been asked for since 2017 and has not been properly resolved. We are trying Asana out to see if it will be a good fit for us and while the lack of the needed feature is a negative, the lack of a responsive support team is a BIG negative.

6 Likes

How do you default projects to public? I only have options to make Public to team not Organisation. We want to default projects to public to org as we are having issues with people being assigned tasks/sub tasks with no context. Thank you.

4 Likes

This has been too long an issue, while I understand why tasks are private by default, please at least give users the CHOICE to switch that default setting!

I use the calendar view of my tasks and assigning them to public projects is just as, if not even more, menial than setting everything to public one by one.

2 Likes

Just want to add another vote to this. We would like all tasks to be public to everyone in the org by default, so that we don’t need to add every person to every project. This would be a wonderful setting to have.

2 Likes

Just one more person asking for this feature! Our team is remote, so we like to work transparently, and I would like my team to see any tasks I have on my plate whether related to a project or not. For my use case, I do a lot of project work, but I also have recurring tasks that are generated via Zapier so I don’t have to bother creating them each week. Without the option to default to public, I still need to waste time going into each task to make it public. I shouldn’t need to bog down my team’s project list with a useless “generic project” just to dump my menial tasks into. The option to change the default to public when making tasks would be top-notch!

2 Likes

Doesn’t make sense why they don’t give it a choice !
I want all the task to be public and will consider moving to another software if I don’t have the option.

2 Likes

Adding my request as well. @Asana team, can you do anything about this?

2 Likes

Echoing what others have been saying here: @Asana team GIVE US THE OPTION TO MAKE TASKS PUBLIC BY DEFAULT. Please. It can’t be that hard of an update to make and clearly a valuable utility for organizations using your software. Part of why our company purchased Asana was to be able to see what everyone is working on, no matter what project or team they’re in. This is ridiculous not to have.

4 Likes

Adding in my request to make everything public to the team as a default

3 Likes

I’d also love to add my request here. I have started using asana to track my daily tasks and group them accordingly. I’ve started to heavily use & really love the highlight + right click “Add to my tasks” option which allows me to capture my tasks from anywhere in my chrome browser (because naturally, things get lost and forgotten if I have to context switch).

I’d love for (at a minimum) my boss to be able to see those items so we can have more productive 1:1s. As it is now, I’d have to create a whole new project to track my to do items and manually move all those tasks so they (and whoever else in my company I am collabing with) can see those tasks- something I probably won’t consistently do.

2 Likes

Yes this would be a huge upgrade. The solution to make a public project called something like “John’s Tasks” and invite everyone doesn’t make sense and adds to an already crowded project pane.

It could be a simple toggle in settings to make all of the “My Tasks” list public by default.

1 Like