Making Asana More Accessible

Hello!

I’m reaching out to connect with any folks who are interested in, or are working to advance, accessibility in Asana.

Accessibility is important because it breaks down barriers for people experiencing vision, cognition or motor function challenges. When we design digital tools and content with these experiences in mind, or when we make our digital tools more compatible with assistive technologies (screen readers, magnifiers, alternative keyboards, e.g.), we can improve accessibility for everyone.

Asana has made a public commitment to accessibility, and I’d love to know about what the roadmap towards WCAG 2.1 AA Guidelines looks like – are we 6 months away, or 5 years away from that goal? What aspects of accessibility will be tackled first, and what will take more time?

I’d also love to hear from anyone with use cases to share about how they made Asana more accessible. Are there features you use, or avoid, to make the tool more accessible to more people?

2 Likes

Hi,

I worked on a document to help people with ADHD use Asana, does this apply as accessibility?

Hi Bastien,

Thanks for sharing this guidance. Yes! accessibility includes cognitive accessibility - people with learning disabilities, developmental disabilities and the like.

The WCAG entry on cognitive accessibility is pretty informative - IMO the heart of it is this:

There are many things that designers and developers can do to:

• avoid accessibility barriers that exclude people from using their products
  • optimize the user experience of people with cognitive and learning disabilities
1 Like