Make Wufoo Submissions Create Tasks Using Templates

Hello!

I currently use Wufoo for request forms, so various members of my organisation can submit their work requests that way. We have integrated these forms with Asana to help with managing the requests but currently have to go in and individually add the same subtasks to each task generated by a submission.

I have been told that it is possible to make the Wufoo submissions generate tasks using task templates (which would allow me to have subtasks auto generated! woo!), but I cannot for the life of me figure out how. Can anyone offer any assistance? I do not have the budget to get a third party like Zapier involved and would rather learn how to do this kind of thing myself.

I am fairly new to Asana so I’m learning on all fronts and any assistance would be most welcome. Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Like

Did a solution to this bubble up? I want to use Wufoo forms and have it create subtasks as well.

Hi @Matson and welcome to the forum,

You won’t be able to have a Wufoo form create subtasks from a task template, because task templates aren’t accessible by any type of automation, either a native Asana automaton or one in a third-party integration.

What you can probably do, though, is have the Wufoo form set some property on a task - set a custom field to a certain value, or perhaps set a tag on the task - I’m not familiar with Wufoo forms specifically so not sure what exact properties they can set - and then use that set property value as a trigger in a rule, where the rule action is to add a set of subtasks. If you have an Asana Business or Enterprise subscription then you can use the Asana “Add subtasks” custom rule action to achieve this. If you’re only on Asana Premium, our Flowsana integration also has an “Add subtasks” rule action which works fine with Asana Premium.