Make task/subtask position more consistent when adding them to sections in different ways

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
New tasks added to section in project have inconsistent position in the list depending on the way they were added (existing task moved to section / new follow-up task / new quick-added task).

This make it impossible to keep tasks in order within the section, because you never know where new tasks were added — to the top or to the bottom of the list.

Additionally, sometimes follow-up tasks and quickly-added tasks are shown at the top of the list and at the bottom of the list at the same time, until you refresh the page.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Move existing task to different section → It will take 1st position in the list
  2. Create new follow-up task (Tab+Shift+F) in the section → It will take last position in the list
  3. Create new task using quick add task (Tab+Q) in the section → It will take last position in the list

Browser version:
Safari Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610)
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0 Safari/605.1.15

Upload screenshots below:
Section change (GIF):
section_change

Follow-up task (GIF):
follow_up_task

Quick-add task (GIF):
quick_add_task

Hi @Ilyas_G, thanks for your report!

In order to investigate this further, I’ve gone ahead and escalated this to our development team. I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update!

1 Like

Hi @Ilyas_G, thanks again for reporting this! Our product team is now aware of this and they will consider making this behavior more consistent in future updates. In the meantime, I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread to our #productfeedback category since this is currently working as expected.

3 Likes