Allow to manually re-order goals

I just created our teams OKRs with the new Goals feature in Asana and created the “O1: Objective 1” first, then “O2: Objective 2” and so on. As like with every other feature in Asana, the sorting of the tasks is wrong (just like it is when you add a new Task), meaning that “O3” which was added last is sorted at the top and so on. Unlike other features I can’t correct this though by manually moving the tasks the their right order.

So please:

1. Add a way to manually order Goals and subgoals (same issue exists for them) via drag & drop
  2. Add a feature somewhere (e.g. in profile settings) to flip the default ordering for goals (and tasks).

Thank you in advance. I’m not expecting the default order bug to ever be fixed (you guys seem to just ignore this with the excuse that “it’s a feature” – but it’s not, it’s a bug), but at least make it manually sortable!

Hi @Cihat_Guenduez

I believe this is planned for the next update, but I’ll confirm here as soon as it is the case!

3 Likes

Hi Marie,
Just wondering if there is any news on this fix. There have been a couple of updates since your last post, but I still don’t see a way to manually reorder goals and sub-goals. I have been waiting to introduce the Asana goals functionality to one of my client organizations because this is a major headache. For example, If I create a list of subgoals by quarter, starting with Q1, Asana puts Q4 at the top of the list. I then have to delete them and start over. This forces the user to “think backwards” before creating any lists! That will create a lot of adoption friction and could be a deal killer. Thanks for any timing information you might be able to share!

1 Like

Hi @Paul_O_Malley,

We’ve more iterations on the way, I’ll share them soon in the Forum :slight_smile:

Is there an update on GOALs prioritization? This is causing our team to not want to adopt this new feature because of this lack of functionality.

1 Like

Hi Marie, any update on this?

Hi Marie, any update on this?

Our team is in the process of mapping out our goals and sub-goals and it is difficult to keep people dedicated to using this without this capability.

Thanks!

Hi @anon16705591, I should have an update by the end of November. I’ll post an update here as soon as I can, but you can also Follow our News category to keep up to date with what’s new in Asana! 📨 - #5 to keep up to date with product updates!

1 Like

I really hope they institute this feature. Not being able to re-order the goals makes this difficult to use for our team.

1 Like

Same here, Jason! It can make it difficult to keep everyone motivated if they have to delete goals and re-post them if they are out of order.

Thank you to everyone who has submitted some feedback on this thread! I’m excited to announce that today we’re launching a new feature allowing you to re-order your Goals :tada:

To drag a goal, grab it by the drag handle (click and hold on the 3 vertical dots to the left of the title), then drag it to where you’d like it to be reordered.

You can move goals to other positions at the same level and you can open a parent goal’s detail page and reorder its sub-goals. Please note that you can’t drag & drop to change a top-level goal to be a sub-goal, or vice versa — you would need to change that goal’s parent on its goal details page.

We hope that you enjoy this new update and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.