Make a Guest's View Customizable

We would like a guest to be able to track a form-based submission through sections without being able to view the entire task throughout the process. It would be nice to be able to choose what is shared with a guest.

Note: Not a solution but marked as such to elevate a key reply

You can do this currently with a read-only view which would show the section, task title, assignee, and due date and nothing more (doing that based on memory so I may have missed something, but it’s close).

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry, thank you for your reply!

From what I can tell this can only be done for the entire project, not their specific submission. I would like to be able to make a specific task read-only so that the submitter can track it’s progress though the project without seeing anything else.

Not to take away from your general request (which may need more detail to be actionable since it’s so different from Asana’s current approach), if you’re looking for a current workaround, then you could consider either:

• multi-home task(s) to a submitter-only project which could all be shared, and could show sections which you initially asked for, which are a project-level resource otherwise, or
  • only add the submitter to the task, with comment-only access, not the project, and ensure status is reflected there, perhaps in a custom field(s).

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like