Maintaining Personal Workspace after de-activation from Organization Members

I am an “Organization Member” and I also have a personal email / workspace. I am leaving the organization and will be deleted from the organization. How can I maintain my personal workspace? What will happen once I am deleted from my organization? How will I log in?

Hi Charlene, have you set up your personal email to be linked to your personal workspace in “My Profile Settings”? I believe that ensures you’ll still be able to access the personal workspace using your personal email only.

1 Like

Hi Jennifer,
Under Settings in the ACCOUNT tab, my account is linked only to 1 organization - Powerforall.org, no Workspaces

Under EMAIL notifications I have two emails - powerforall.org and my personal email.

I toggle between professional and personal tasks by navigating to my photo/icon at the top right of screen.

What will happen to all of my personal tasks once I am deleted from this organization?

Can I move all of my personal tasks to a new workspace to ensure that I don’t loose them after I am deleted from my organization?

Hi @charlene1 and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

Once you are removed from your Organization, the Organization won’t be available in your Asana account, but other spaces (as your Workspace), will still be available. As long as your private email is associated with your Asana account, you will be able to use this email address to log into your Asana account and access your Workspace!

Hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

Hi Again,
Actually, I don’t think my question has been fully addressed.

To Recap the situation:

Under Settings in the ACCOUNT tab, my account is linked only to 1 organization - Powerforall.org, no Workspaces

Under EMAIL notifications I have two emails - powerforall.org and my personal email.

I toggle between professional and personal tasks by navigating to my photo/icon at the top right of screen.

I believe all of my personal tasks that are linked to my personal email should be in a WORKSPACE other than the ORGANIZATION. Correct? As of now, it looks like everything is linked to my ORGANIZATION and will be deleted once my account is deleted. Can I move all of my personal tasks to a new workspace to ensure that I don’t loose them after I am deleted from my organization? If yes, how do I do that?

Thanks!

Charlene, I wonder if you are using “Personal Projects”? Is that what you see when you toggle between your org and your personal tasks? I have that too, and it’s not listed under org or workspace (though it does look like a workspace).

Yes! That is it exactly. What will happen to these when I am deleted from the organization?

Is there a way to migrate them to a workspace?

Thank you!

Thanks for the additional information @charlene1!

Personal Projects will still be available as long as you have a personal email address linked to this account to allow you to log into the account. Your powerforall.org Org won’t be available, but Personal Projects will! You can easily add your personal email address to this account following these steps.

Let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

As a side-note, do not use “Personal Projects” if you can. Instead, move to a Workspace. Personal Projects have limitations.

1 Like

Thanks Bastien!

Charlene, to add to what @Bastien_Siebman has said, you can move your tasks from Personal Projects to a personal workspace using this third-party: https://asana.kothar.net/

3 Likes

Howdy. A big THANK YOU to suggesting the third party https://asana.kothar.net/. That did the trick of migrating my personal projects to a personal workspace.

3 Likes