List view - hide columns when an item is expanded

When an item is expanded in list view, you still see all the columns, and the card with the item details is jammed into the right hand side of your screen. The fact that you’ve expanded an item means that you want to look at it, and the card contains assignee, due date etc so could we hide most of the columns to give more real estate to the card?

Hi @stephen.cumming and welcome to the Community Forum! I’m not convinced this behaviour would suit everyone, but let’s see if other community members are interested! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us!

1 Like

Actually I believe you are describing what’s happening in the old list layout design, don’t you? When you open a task in the new list layout design, most columns are hidden Introducing our new Spreadsheet-Inspired List View!

I personaly don’t like it on the new design and disagree with you, I often need to see the details of the tasks AND the entire list.

2 Likes

I agree with @Bastien_Siebman; I too sometimes need to see other tasks’ columns even though I have the detail pane open for the selected task. “Sometimes.”

And other times I appreciate the wide detail pane view.

This is why UIs for many years have provided a draggable slider control to allow the user to choose the relative pane width. I was surprised that a completely redesigned list grid view didn’t include this capability.

3 Likes